Are you sure this is low carb?
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread! This is totally awesome! Thanks to http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/, I’m finding some amazing low carb recipes. It’s so exciting to eat all the food again that I gave up. I do have to replace (or add) new ingredients in my pantry but so worth it!
(I also added 1/3 cup walnuts… yum yum!)
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Sweetener equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup egg white protein powder (can use whey protein powder)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Place zucchini in a sieve set in the sink or over a bowl. Sprinkle lightly with salt and toss to combine. Let drain 1 hour, then press down to release as much moisture as possible.
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut, sweetener, protein powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in drained zucchini, eggs, and coconut oil. Add 1/3 cup almond milk. If batter is overly thick and not spreadable, add remaining almond milk.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread in prepared loaf pan and bake 325 for 55 to 65 minutes, until top is set and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.