The most amazing pulled pork... ever!
I bought an Instant Pot because of this recipe! I just LOVE the pulled pork from it. I eat it leftover for weeks. This is a must try!
- 2 1/2 pounds trimmed, boneless pork shoulder blade roast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 6 cloves garlic, cut into sliver
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sazon
- 1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (to taste)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dry adobo seasoning (I used Goya)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Season pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet brown pork on all sides on high heat for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Using a sharp knife, insert blade into pork about 1-inch deep, and insert the garlic slivers, you’ll want to do this all over. Season pork with cumin, sazon, oregano, adobo and garlic powder all over. (I didn’t insert the garlic but just added it)
- Pour chicken broth in the crockpot, add chipotle peppers and stir, add bay leaves and place pork in the Instant Pot, cover and cook using the pressure cooker setting on high pressure with the meat button for 50 minutes. When the pressure releases, shred pork using two forks and combine well with the juices that accumalated at the bottom. Remove bay leaves and adjust cumin and add adobo and mix well.