OH so good!!! Really low carb? WOW!
This was so good. It made a great dessert and breakfast treat!
Serves 16. Each serving has 1.83 g NET CARBS.
Food energy: 270kcal Calories from fat: 237 Cholesterol: 22mg Carbohydrate: 4.73g Total dietary fiber: 2.90g Protein: 3.84g
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup granulated Swerve Sweetener
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 3 cups pecans (whole or pieces or a mix)
- Preheat oven to 325F and line an 9x9 or 8x8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang for easy removal.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine almond flour, powdered sweetener, and salt. Pulse to combine. Sprinkle with butter pieces and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Alternatively, you can cut in butter with a pastry cutter.
- Press into bottom of prepared baking pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until just beginning to brown on the edges. Remove and let cool while preparing topping.
- In a medium heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat, combine Swerve and butter and stir until Swerve is dissolved. Bring to a boil and cook without stirring until mixture darkens to amber, about 5 to 7 minutes (time may vary depending on the quality of your cookware).
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and salt. If the mixture appears to be separating, stir in 2 tbsp of powdered Swerve Sweetener until it comes back together.
- Sprinkle crust evenly with pecans. Pour toffee mixture evenly overtop. Bake another 15 to 20 minutes, until topping has darkened and bubbles thickly. Let cool completely before cutting into bars.