Replace macaroni with cottage cheese
My most favorite thing to eat in all the world is my Grandmother’s Macaroni and Cheese… but the macaroni has so many carbs! I’ve changed the original recipe to replace the macaroni with cottage cheese and it’s really wonderful. It fits into my low carb lifestyle.
- 12 oz cottage cheese
- 1 lb cheddar cheese block cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 5 oz can evaporated milk
- 12 eggs (+1)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt
- Mix in all of the ingredients. Slightly break up eggs and avoid completely scrambling eggs.
- Cook at anywhere from 325 to 375 depending on if you have another dish that needs to be cooked also. Cook from 45 minutes to an hour (or more) depending on the oven temperature. You want the outside to be solid and the center to be close to solid when you pull from the oven.
- Normal should be 1 hour at 350 degreese
- Let the dish rest for at least 15 minutes.