So many options with this dish!
What a great dish to have for dinner and then have for leftovers!
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup or Campbell’s® Condensed 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 dash black pepper
- 4 cups cooked cut green beans
- 1-1/3 cups French’s French Fried Onions
(I like to double the sauce)
- Stir the soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, beans and 2/3 cuponions in a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 350°F. for 25 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining onions.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
- For Low Carb, simmer heavy cream with fresh mushrooms to replace Cream of Mushroom soup. Use xanthan gum for thickening.
- For the cooked green beans: Use 1 bag (16 to 20 ounces) frozen green beans, thawed, 2 packages (9 ounces each) frozen green beans, thawed, 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) green beans, drained or about 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans for this recipe.
- For Golden Green Bean Casserole: Substitute Campbell’s® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup for the Cream of Mushroom Soup. Omit the soy sauce. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with the green beans.
- For Broccoli Casserole: Substitute 4 cups cooked broccoli florets for the green beans.
For Cheese Lovers: Stir in 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese with the soup. Omit the soy sauce. Sprinkle with an additional 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese when adding the remaining onions.
- To add a festive touch: Stir in 1/4 cup chopped red pepper with the soup.
- To add crunch: Add 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds to the onion topping.
- For bacon lovers: Add 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, to the bean mixture.
- Chef Tip: Try this Italian version with pancetta and rosemary! Cook 4 ounces pancetta, diced, in a skillet over medium heat until almost crisp. Add 1/4 cup chopped onion and 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves to the skillet and cook until onion is tender. Add the pancetta mixture to the soup mixture in Step 1. In Step 2, sprinkle the remaining French fried onions with 1 tablespoon grated Pecorino Romano cheese, then bake as directed in Step 3.